02/01/2011

Happy New Year!

A little late, but still: I would like to wish all of you a very happy new year! =D

What did you do on New Years eve? I celebrated it with my parents and my brother. My dad made oliebollen (typical Dutch fried doughballs with raisins, we traditionally make and eat them on the 31st of december), appelflappen (pieces of apple, raisins and cinnamon in triangles of puff pastry) and appelbollen (a whole apple, with raisins and cinnamon in the place of the core, wrapped in puff pastry). In the evening we gourmetted (don't know if that's how you say it..) and we all ate too much, haha.  At midnight my dad and brother set off beautiful fireworks. Here are some pictures I took of the fireworks (it was the first time I took pictures of fireworks, so they are not really amazing):




What are your plans for the new year? What are you looking forward to?
I will be going to Morocco in March, that means I'll be on another continent for the first time in my life this year! Also, I hope to be participating in the 5 km run of the Leiden Marathon and finish it within 30 minutes and I would love to go to Pinkpop for the first time if there are some good bands coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment