17/06/2012

Cake!

I am currently taking the Wilton Decorating Basics course, in which I learn the basics of cake decorating with buttercream icing. Last Monday I made my first layered sponge cake, filled with strawberry mousse and decorated with different colours of buttercream. We had to choose a simple drawing/picture to practice our decoration technique, and I chose a fish because they have a simple shape and they are just really cool, haha. I am very happy with the result,  I think it turned out very good for my first cake! Here are some photos :)






The cake didn't just look good - it also tasted great! So we finished it within a few days. But I will be baking a lot more in the next weeks: this week I need to make cupcakes for the course and next week is the final project - another layered cake.

Do you like baking and decorating cakes?

3 comments:

  1. Leuk! Ik vind het heerlijk om te bakken en versieren!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, wat ziet die er leuk uit! De buiten én binnen kant. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh! *honger*

    - zou je me terug willen volgen :)?

    ReplyDelete