02/06/2012

Origami inspiration


 
Last weekend I went a Japanese market in Leiden, where they sold all kinds of Japanese things ranging from food to puzzles with Super Mario. Of course there were also stalls selling books on origami and origami paper. I had never done origami before, and wasn't sure if I could do it, but I bought a book and some paper - I thought it might be nice to do something creative during my long holiday. The book I bought is on mini origami, but the paper is 15 x 15 cm, so my creations are still quite big. I think this is a better size to practice with than really small paper though. Today I made 2 sailboats (one of the simplest things you can do), a fish and a penguin. The penguin didn't quite turn out the way it looks in the book, but I think it still went well for a first time!

Here is some origami inspiration, some of these things look really difficult to make, so I don't know if I will ever make them, but they're just so pretty to look at!










No comments:

Post a Comment