06/08/2011

Hamburg!

Yesterday I got back from a few days in Hamburg, the city in which I spent 7 years of my youth. I had a great time there with my parents and brother. We visited Miniatur Wunderland (a really big modeltrain museum), the Hamburger Dom (a really big funfair) and did a lot of shopping. I didn't buy any normal clothes, but I did find a nice cocktail gala dress! I also met up with Floriana, a friend from Hamburg (who lives in England now) and my brother and me went bowling with her. Here are some pictures I took in Hamburg. 

All pictures are taken by me, please do not copy or use them without my permission.









View over the Elbe and the Elbphilharmonie (the building that is being built in the background) from Landungsbrücken. 





















Landungsbrücken, loads of (touristic) harbour boattrips leave from here. 

























View on the (ruins of the) St. Nikolai Church from the Speicherstadt. 





















View on the St. Michaelis Church from the Speicherstadt.  















Part of the USA in Miniatur Wunderland. I love how everything is so detailed.










To make it more realistic, there is even a day and night cycle and it slowly gets dark and light. This is Las Vegas at nighttime.


 








I thought this was such a cute winter scene!





Someone fell while trying to clean the snow off the roof...





 Isn't this a little bit dangerous...?












People relaxing by the Alster lake in the middle of the city. The weather was amazing!














The Alster again, with the fountain in the background.








A view on the harbour, taken from close by the Fischmarkt.








Have you ever been to Hamburg? What is your favourite spot in the city?

3 comments:

  1. ziet er inderdaad gezellig uit ! (:
    ik ben er nog nooit heen geweest, maar het lijkt me wel eens leuk.

    xoxox je suis ynske.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het is inderdaad een super gezellige stad, zeker een aanrader als je een keer op een stedentrip wil naar een andere stad dan bijv. Berlijn. Vooral bij de Alster is het altijd wel gezellig, daar kan je lekker relaxen na het shoppen :)

    ReplyDelete